Home » Other » Community Hangout » Forum addiction ?
Forum addiction ? [message #301516] Wed, 20 February 2008 23:14 Go to next message
ebrian
OK...how many can admit to this ??

/forum/fa/3926/0/
Re: Forum addiction ? [message #301549 is a reply to message #301516] Thu, 21 February 2008 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
http://xkcd.com/327/

David
Re: Forum addiction ? [message #301614 is a reply to message #301516] Thu, 21 February 2008 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pablolee
Guilty
Re: Forum addiction ? [message #301702 is a reply to message #301614] Thu, 21 February 2008 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
Ah crap, that's me. It's quarter-past midnight - I'm going to bed.
Re: Forum addiction ? [message #301708 is a reply to message #301702] Thu, 21 February 2008 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I was wondering what keeps you awake that late. So it was addiction, wasn't it? (I hope not!)
How Many Internet Group Members Does It Take to Change a Light Bulb? [message #330135 is a reply to message #301708] Fri, 27 June 2008 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again

How Many Internet Group Members Does It Take to Change a Light Bulb?

One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.
Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.
Three to correct spelling/grammar errors.
Six to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb'.
Another six to condemn those six as stupid.
Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.
Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.
Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.
Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.
Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.
Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.
Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.
Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add 'Me too'.
Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.
Four to say 'didn't we go through this already a short time ago?'
Thirteen to say 'do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs.'
Three to tell a funny story about their cat and light bulb.

AND

One group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now with something unrelated and start it all over again!

[Updated on: Fri, 27 June 2008 11:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How Many Internet Group Members Does It Take to Change a Light Bulb? [message #330242 is a reply to message #330135] Sat, 28 June 2008 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pablolee
Laughing Very good Thumbs Up

(I have become an avid reader of xkd since the original post.)
Re: How Many Internet Group Members Does It Take to Change a Light Bulb? [message #337716 is a reply to message #330242] Thu, 31 July 2008 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunil_v_mishra
I love this addiction ...

Topic should be of my interest....
Re: How Many Internet Group Members Does It Take to Change a Light Bulb? [message #340525 is a reply to message #330135] Wed, 13 August 2008 03:21 Go to previous message
dr.s.raghunathan
hi,

very interesting analysis. Is there a way to optimize or
regulate through guide lines for example..
post your view
- ignore spelling mistakes
- separate url should not be posted
- arguments can be made on another broad head with the
mention of message no
- be specific to your requirement and no imagination required
- comment on others reply should be in another head ( cam make referenced messages.
- allied suggestions / diverstions / discussions / corrections on other's reply etc can be dealt in another head
like "debate on topics " like community hang out
yours
- replies to topic raiser only

yours

dr.s.raghunathan
Previous Topic: Name change request..
Next Topic: The Good Life in Southern California
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:09:41 CDT 2024