Home » Other » Training & Certification » OCA exam related. (11g)
OCA exam related. [message #295051] Mon, 21 January 2008 03:53 Go to next message
shravanjalli
Hi,

I am new to these certifications.I am aware of the flow path but i would like senior members of this group giving me advice as which path to go for there are three paths for initial test of OCA and then administrator. Kidnly tell me the procedure to get ahead with these exams . It will be very helpful to me if any one can help me out in this.

Thanks in advance.
Re: OCA exam related. [message #297286 is a reply to message #295051] Thu, 31 January 2008 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dipti_emid
The OCA is the entry-level certification in which you are expected to pass two exams, one of which is a supervised examination, and the other that you can do over the Internet. An OCA is expected to have sufficient knowledge that will allow them to support database administrators or application developers in a somewhat junior role. Even though it’s considered an entry-level certification, having the certification will put you one step ahead of those who don’t have it, so it’s certainly worth the effort and it’s a pre-requisite if you wish to go on to a OCP or OCM.

The OCP is the next step up in a DBA’s path that again requires the passing of two exams as well as having to attend an instructor led course (or an online one). You must have already passed the OCA exams to register for the OCP. There are some exceptions to the requirement to attend a course, but the majority of people will fall under the umbrella of that requirement.

The OCM is the top-tiered level of the DBA track. To be eligible to take the OCM exams you must already have passed the OCP, you need to have attended two instructor-led courses and must also pass the two-day OCM practicum. The OCM is geared towards OCP’s who have been in the industry for a few years and have the work experience to go with their OCP certification.
Re: OCA exam related. [message #297341 is a reply to message #297286] Thu, 31 January 2008 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
linkdba
Hi,

I want some important advice to start on my dream to become a DBA.

I want to know the way, I need to approach to get a good score in the certifications.

Please advice.

Thanks
Re: OCA exam related. [message #297348 is a reply to message #297341] Thu, 31 January 2008 03:57 Go to previous message
Maaher
First things first:
- install a database.
- get your hands on the oracle manuals (http://tahiti.oracle.com)
- download the exam details so you know what topics are dealt with on the exams.
- study each topic.

You can download a demo of the exam software from selftestsoftware.com I think.

MHE
Previous Topic: Materilized View
Next Topic: OCP exam
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:39:03 CDT 2024