Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » Supporting Streams
Supporting Streams [message #255337] Tue, 31 July 2007 08:33 Go to next message
laytham
Firstly apologies if some of my questions seem rather obvious to some of you but any advice/help would be appreciated.

We have an application that utilises Oracle streams to transfer data (using staging area) from one database to another. Our technical service provider supports the hardware, the OS and also the Oracle installations - they will support Streams to the point where its installed and switched on. We also have an application service provider that provides support for the application and how Streams is utilised. i.e. creating the rules for the data itself.

The area Im concerned about is the recovery should Streams fail. I can't find anyone to actually say 'Yes its very complex and will take a huge amount of training/effort to create a sufficient support contract. Or No its not that bad, streams should be able to sort itself out'.

Can anyone provide any guidance on how difficult streams is to support/maintain and recoverability should problems arise or is it quite a stable product?

Many thanks

Re: Supporting Streams [message #255344 is a reply to message #255337] Tue, 31 July 2007 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Have a look at Streams Concepts and Administration, Chapter 18 Troubleshooting a Streams Environment, this will give you a good idea of what can happen.

Regards
Michel

Re: Supporting Streams [message #255435 is a reply to message #255337] Tue, 31 July 2007 22:40 Go to previous message
Arju

You have provide insufficient information. How you configured streams? One way or bi-directional?
What do you mean by recovery?

If bi-directional then conflict may occur. See about conflict resolution.
Previous Topic: DownStream Capture
Next Topic: Heterogenous Replication
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:27:55 CDT 2024