Home » Other » Training & Certification » Req help in oracle interview
Req help in oracle interview [message #211582] Fri, 29 December 2006 12:11 Go to next message
nitesh_nandawat

Dear Friends,

I completed my study of oracle 10g. Also I completed my OCP certification exam.

Now at present I m giving the interview of Oracle DBA in this they are asking some of general but typical questions. So I m writing some questions here. Please reply me as soon as possible, I m also writing my mail id here if some one want send me private message then also he can send it to me.

What are the daily activities of Oracle DBA?

What is the crucial situation you got in last two years of carrier while handling production database?
What is best problem you solved in your company as a DBA and you got appreciation?

Tell me some situations are when database get hang. How you find the problem and solve them.

What you will work as a shift DBA.

Thanks in advance

My mail ids are
nitesh@rightnowweb.com
nitesh.dba@gmail.com

Regards
Nitesh Jain
Re: Req help in oracle interview [message #211596 is a reply to message #211582] Fri, 29 December 2006 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Question 2 & 3 would have no meaning to you as they would pertain to my situation, and we can't very well have you claiming these happened to you.

I don't know what number 5 means.

Question 1 I am sure has tens of thousands of results when searching in Google.

I'll leave question 4 to the others, but I am sure Google will answer that too.

[Updated on: Fri, 29 December 2006 15:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Req help in oracle interview [message #211610 is a reply to message #211596] Fri, 29 December 2006 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nitesh_nandawat

Dear friend,

Thanks but tell you frankly the dba check list you are getting on google. that is based on oracle 8/8i, there are very few task written in that by Mr. thomas kite in 2000. so please send me the dba check list based on oracle 9i or 10g
Re: Req help in oracle interview [message #211611 is a reply to message #211596] Fri, 29 December 2006 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nitesh_nandawat

Dear joy.

thanks for reply. please send me the answer of que 1,2 and 3.

please send me as soon as possible. i know the que no 2 and 3 they are asking from exp person only.

in the software industry of india you will never find job as oracle dba fresher.
Re: Req help in oracle interview [message #211667 is a reply to message #211610] Sun, 31 December 2006 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
The task's remain the same. Only the technologies will differ.
If you are a 10G OCP, you must be aware of the tools and techniques used.
>>please send me the answer of que 1,2 and 3
There is no defined answer.
Search this forum for question 1.
Paraphrasing Joy
>> Question 2 & 3 would have no meaning to you as they would pertain to my situation
If i would say that i had a "this" problem , are you going to parrot that again to interviewer? How do you think that will work?
Re: Req help in oracle interview [message #211838 is a reply to message #211582] Tue, 02 January 2007 09:46 Go to previous message
MarcL
So regarding 2 & 3, you are planning on lying about your experience as a DBA ?

Not a good idea.
Previous Topic: Training for Oracle Application Server Administration
Next Topic: How to start my prepartion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:24:17 CDT 2024