Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » No Listener error
No Listener error [message #21115] Sat, 13 July 2002 11:37 Go to next message
Kristi
Hi,

I just migrated to a new server. Oracle was working fine until the NIC cards and software were installed.

Now I get ORA 12224 TNS: no listener. I go into NT Services and see that neither the listener nor names autostarted as it should of. The listener log indicates that the listener is attempting to connect to the backup card.

I'm at a true loss for figuring out how to get oracle to connect.

Thanks in advance for anyones help!
kristi
Re: No Listener error [message #21117 is a reply to message #21115] Sun, 14 July 2002 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vivek
Kristi, try removing the listener and creating a new one. You can do this through the Net Configuration Manager tool.

Hope it works.

Vivek
Re: No Listener error [message #21119 is a reply to message #21117] Sun, 14 July 2002 11:07 Go to previous message
Su
Try this out. Go to your Oracle's bin directory, locate lsnrctl.exe to run it. t process. Once you double click on it, it open an MSDOS window and shows its prompt waiting for your instruction. Then type START and hit enter, and let it keep running.
Now you go to run your application. If there is no matching TNS, then go to your net8 easyconfiguration and create a listener service for your appliction. It should run good. Check it out.

Good luck :)
Previous Topic: Problem Tracing JDBC Connection
Next Topic: Re: ORA-01861: literal does not match format string
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:40:57 CDT 2024