Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Anti-Virus S/w for Oracle applications installed Windows server 2003 machine ??
Anti-Virus S/w for Oracle applications installed Windows server 2003 machine ?? [message #172497] Tue, 16 May 2006 20:01 Go to next message
srkiran23
Hi all

I recently got installed Oracle Applications 11i with Oracle 9i database in my home computer(PRACTICE purpose only)And I am always connected to the net.I dont have any software to protect my computer, I would appreciate if you please suggest which Anti-Virus Software or spy ware or anything like that to be installed to protect my computer from virus or any other stuff that affects my computer data.

awaiting your response.

Thanks
Re: Anti-Virus S/w for Oracle applications installed Windows server 2003 machine ?? [message #172635 is a reply to message #172497] Wed, 17 May 2006 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gatsby
It depends on your platform. (Edit: Just saw your subject line - Windows 2003)

If your database runs on a Windows platform, I have always had good experience with the Symantec and McCafee antivirus software. The newer versions detect both spyware and viruses. Also in-memory threats. Downloading fport from foundstone.com will help identify any open ports on your Windows machine. Many of the Windows rootkit/trojan detectors I've tried have been underwhelming (TrojanHunter, for example). Spybot found things that one did not.

I can't say too much about Oracle on Linux, but I have had good experience with BitDefender in general. I hear that Clam AV is another popular tool, though often used with email tasks.

You may be able to find some handy tools here:

http://www.securityfocus.com/tools
http://www.foundstone.com/index.htm?subnav=resources/navigation.htm&subcontent=/resources/freetools.htm

[Updated on: Wed, 17 May 2006 08:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Anti-Virus S/w for Oracle applications installed Windows server 2003 machine ?? [message #173151 is a reply to message #172635] Fri, 19 May 2006 12:32 Go to previous message
srkiran23
Thanks Gatsby Smile
Previous Topic: ORA-28000: the account is locke"
Next Topic: password file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:30:44 CDT 2024