Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » Error while creating AQ
Error while creating AQ [message #163837] Mon, 20 March 2006 05:31 Go to next message
prashp
Hi everybody ,

I am trying to create an AQ on oracle 9i ( with the patch) but while creating it gives teh error , END OF FILE ON COMMUNICATION CHANNEL , can anybody help me identify the source of this error
regards
Re: Error while creating AQ [message #163973 is a reply to message #163837] Tue, 21 March 2006 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua

I never worked on AQ but i guess this is a common error related to network connectivity.

Is your network connection proper?
Re: Error while creating AQ [message #163983 is a reply to message #163973] Tue, 21 March 2006 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashp
the network connection appears to be all right or is there any way i could concretely verify this fact , that information will be of immense help
regards

[Updated on: Tue, 21 March 2006 01:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Error while creating AQ [message #163987 is a reply to message #163983] Tue, 21 March 2006 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel 
Cause: An unexpected end-of-file was processed on the communication channel. The problem could not be handled by the Net8 two-task software. This message could occur if the shadow two-task process associated with a Net8 connect has terminated abnormally, or if there is a physical failure of the interprocess communication vehicle, that is, the network or server machine went down.

In addition, this message could occur when any of the following statements/commands have been issued:

ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION ... IMMEDIATE
ALTER SYSTEM DISCONNECT SESSION ... IMMEDIATE
SHUTDOWN ABORT/IMMEDIATE/TRANSACTIONAL

Action: If this message occurs during a connection attempt, check the setup files for the appropriate Net8 driver and confirm Net8 software is correctly installed on the server. If the message occurs after a connection is well established, and the error is not due to a physical failure, check if a trace file was generated on the server at failure time. Existence of a trace file may suggest an Oracle internal error that requires the assistance of Oracle Support Services. 

That's what i can do . check out the following links also .

http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_replication_queue_stopping_ora_03113_end_of_file.htm
Re: Error while creating AQ [message #163999 is a reply to message #163987] Tue, 21 March 2006 03:46 Go to previous message
prashp
thank you , shall try doing something about it
Previous Topic: Http access to Oracle AQ
Next Topic: AQ to MQ
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:04:34 CDT 2024