Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » how to create and configure Raw disk Device on HP-UX
how to create and configure Raw disk Device on HP-UX [message #160962] Wed, 01 March 2006 03:26 Go to next message
astra.amit

hi,

I have to install oracle RAC 10g on HP-UX. My system architecture is two server nodes and 4 shared storage disk attached to these nodes.

According to oracle RAC manual for 10g i have three storage options
i) ASM.....I am not using it.
ii) Shared Raw Logical volumes..i can't use it because i dont have HP serviceguard extention. (accroding to RAC manual.)
iii) Shared Raw Disk Devices.i have to use it.

the problem is how to create shared raw disk partition of specific sizes for example..
according to manual i require separate partition for each tablespaces such as...
i) SYSTEM tablespaces.....500MB
ii) SYSAUX tablesspaces...800MB
iii) Temp................250MB etc

and for CRS files
i) 100MB for OCR(oracle cluster Registry)
ii) 20MB for oracle CRS voting disk

Please help how to do that.

thank you
Re: how to create and configure Raw disk Device on HP-UX [message #179319 is a reply to message #160962] Mon, 26 June 2006 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shawnqiu
What's wrong with ASM?
Re: how to create and configure Raw disk Device on HP-UX [message #179421 is a reply to message #160962] Tue, 27 June 2006 06:11 Go to previous message
astra.amit

Hi,

There is not any problem with ASM. But as per our requirement
we have enable the partitions so that these partition could be seen through UNIX Os, as this is not the case with ASM. I have also implemented the ASM, but OS is not able to identify the disks which are under the control of ASM file system.

That's why we have to go for raw devices.

Thank you for your response, FYI i have implemented my RAC using Raw devices.

regards,
Previous Topic: RAC and ASM disk layout
Next Topic: LMON Process Dies ORA-481 error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:59:14 CDT 2024