Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » Designer 9i creating a trigger.......................
Designer 9i creating a trigger....................... [message #156345] Tue, 24 January 2006 16:54
robhulse
...........I'm working on an assignment as part of a Database Management module and I am required to use and evaluate Designer 9i. One of the requirements is to implement a trigger on a recursive relationship to limit the number of occurences on the recursion. For example a limit is required on the number of employees a manager can manage on a project within the 'employee_on_project table'. Now, I can't see and I believe that this cannot be done on the ERD or in the ERD diagrammer itself. However, through forward engineering there is then the option to use the PL/SQL definitions on the server module in design editor. Is this designers capability to create triggers? If so is it the only way or is there something I've missed in the ERD diagrammer.

Other issues with the designer are:
An exclusive arc - even though exclusive arcs can be added in the ERD diagrammer, do they carry to the eventual DDL? Also, when reverse engineered again, do they then show up?

[Updated on: Tue, 24 January 2006 16:55]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Designer 9i Error - CDomEntity
Next Topic: Process Modeler - "an unnamed file contains an invalid path"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:24:49 CDT 2024