Home » RDBMS Server » Security » set Expiry Date of user password
set Expiry Date of user password [message #152506] Fri, 23 December 2005 09:24 Go to next message
SaraC
I Have password security using a User Profile. for logging into my Forms application (but this is an Oracle Question)

When I assign the user the profile I was going to expire the password using ALTER USER user PASSWORD EXPIRE;

Can I set an expiry date instead eg so that the password expires 10 days after the profile has been assigned?

I cant find anything to do that but just checking in case any of you experts have come across this function/feature/

Thanks
S
Re: set Expiry Date of user password [message #152517 is a reply to message #152506] Fri, 23 December 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartin
I would experiment with the password_life_time and password_grace_time parameters of the user profile to see if a combo of them could solve your needs.

Another approach might be to schedule a job that would, in 10 days, fire and expire the password. But the problem with that is I doubt you would always and automatically want to expire the password, it is more of a grace time thing from the sound of your description.

Or if Im misreading you, and you want the thing to expire in 10 days regardless, like in a temporary account situation, then the life time parameter would be the way to go.
Re: set Expiry Date of user password [message #153591 is a reply to message #152517] Tue, 03 January 2006 04:48 Go to previous message
SaraC
What I was thinking of was.

Password life time set to 30 days and Grace time set to 5 days for example - then the password must be changed every 35 days.

But when the profile is first assigned, and I dont expire the password then - would I be able to set the first expiry date to say 10 days in the future without disrupting the lifetime and grace time parameters already set. Eg password expires 10 days after profile is assigned to user then will go into Grace time 30 days after that. Does that make sense?

Thanks
Sara
Previous Topic: Row has updated or deleted
Next Topic: ORA-01919: role 'XDBADMIN' does not exist
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:30:29 CDT 2024