Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Howto integrate PL/SQL output and Oracle Report
Howto integrate PL/SQL output and Oracle Report [message #137737] Fri, 16 September 2005 06:51 Go to next message
ErikJanVens
Hello,

I am very new to Oracle Reports and I have to create a report where a first set of results (dependant on the user-parameters) are fed to a function. The results of this function have to be presented in a report.

The users who will work with this report do not have the permissions to create a (temporary) table. I am also not allowed to present my output in an Excel-sheet.

Does anybody know how I can present my results on a form? Or where I can find more information about it?

Thanks in advance,
Erik-Jan
Re: Howto integrate PL/SQL output and Oracle Report [message #138447 is a reply to message #137737] Thu, 22 September 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justchakri
Hi Erik-Jan,

A solution for you question is, you can display the same output from pl/sql also.

using LPAD,RPAD you can display that.

OR

You want to display it from APPS you can use

---to write to the log file

fnd_file.put_line ('your data comes here');

---to write to the log file

fnd_file.put_line (fnd_file.log,' your data comes here');

If the syntax is wrong plz reply i will reply once again.

Thanks,
Chakri:)
Re: Howto integrate PL/SQL output and Oracle Report [message #139841 is a reply to message #138447] Thu, 29 September 2005 15:42 Go to previous message
Maaher
I assume your users aren't permitted to fiddle with the data, so a flat file (with UTL_FILE) won't help that much.

Do you want to create an Oracle report? If yes, you can create an Oracle report in PDF.

And, it's not your users that create a temp table. Temporary tables in Oracle are static tables, just like ordinary tables. The difference is that the data within is session specific. You can even decide on creation whether the data has to be flushed on commit/rollback in the session or whether it is persistent throughout the entire session.

MHE
Previous Topic: month display problem
Next Topic: Oracle Report from Report Builder to JasperReport in java
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 20:29:41 CDT 2024