Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » New To Discoverer
New To Discoverer [message #137299] Wed, 14 September 2005 07:47 Go to next message
Sheetal_Yadav
Hi all,

I am new to Discoverer.. Can anybody suggest way toimport functions in discoverer..
And please tell me why does my sql script does not get imported properly.. Is it b'coz the discoverer creates a schema of its own????

Thanks
Sheetal
Re: New To Discoverer [message #137689 is a reply to message #137299] Fri, 16 September 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
honeyapps
hai sheetal,
Can u expalin me what u r trying to do in detail.
Honey
Re: New To Discoverer [message #138589 is a reply to message #137689] Thu, 22 September 2005 10:11 Go to previous message
skooman
As for importing functions: there is no "import" of functions in Discoverer, but maybe you mean registering, that works like:
- start Discoverer Administrator, log on (no need to open a business area)
- go to tools, register PL/SQL functions
- choose new or import
- either fill in al the information (for new) or choose from the list that pops up - for the latter: this shows all the functions in all the packages in the database, so you might not want to go there Wink

As for the schema of it's own: yes, by creating the EUL you create and populate the EUL tables in the database. However, these are created within the userschema you choose (the EUL owner), so it's not like "Discoverer has a schema", but you decide which Oracle user account (schema) you want to contain and maintain the EUL tables/views.

The functionality of importing a SQL statement is limited to the actual content of the EUL, so you can only use tables/views and columns that are already known to the EUL. Maybe that's the reason some of your statements cannot be imported?

Hope this answers your questions?

Regards,
Sabine
Previous Topic: word replacement in discoverer
Next Topic: Discoverer 4.1 - custom folder sql statement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 20:06:33 CDT 2024