Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » Error installing repositary in Designer 6i
Error installing repositary in Designer 6i [message #104112] Fri, 30 July 2004 10:21 Go to next message
Adam Sawyer
I am using designer 6i with app server 8i on windows 2000

When attempting to install the repositary, it hangs at the following stage:

Stage Details:
CKPACK
Creating repositary package

Object Details:
Package Body
CIOUE_ELEMENT_TYPE

Status Information:
submitting Definition/Statement
ciueet.opb

I don't have any patchsets, and am unable to get them from anywhere - still don't know if they are required or not, everything works so far except making the repositary.

any help appreciated
adam
Re: Error installing repositary in Designer 6i [message #104139 is a reply to message #104112] Wed, 04 August 2004 00:03 Go to previous message
Adam Sawyer
I resolved the problem by downloading Designer 6i (R4) from the oracle website. I had previously been using Designer 6 (R6.0), thinking it was 6i (R6.0 doesn't work on win 2k). I also downloaded and installed App Server 8i for 2k (i was using the NT4/98 one previously). After a lot of printing out of manuals and stuff, I've finally got things installed and working. One noticeable improvement in designer 6i was a more automated process for setting up the repository (optional). The only thing I'm missing is patchset 15 for Designer, see my newer post about this issue.
adam
Previous Topic: Schema from SQL Server 2000 to Oracle 9i
Next Topic: Can I connect Designer 6 client with 9i db
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:51:12 CDT 2024