Home » Infrastructure » Linux » manually delete oracle10g from linux
manually delete oracle10g from linux [message #99145] Tue, 31 August 2004 01:10 Go to next message
zhebin cong
hello
i have the experice of windows oracle,but this time i want to install the downloaded oracle10g in the linux,have tried hundreds of time,all failed.now i want to unistall it completely,but can´t.

according to my experience in win oracle,i know that oracle installer have too many bugs.in windows platform,i never use the oracle universal installer to uninstall it,i feel more like to edit windows registry directly.

but in linux,there is not registry mechanism,i don´t know how to MANUALLY unistall the oracle?i think it should be simpler than windows.

who can give me a step by step instruction?

thank you.
Re: manually delete oracle10g from linux [message #99151 is a reply to message #99145] Wed, 01 September 2004 06:57 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
Hi,

Linux doesn't have a registry like Windows. So, you can just shutdown the database and listener, and delete all the files. However, it might be better to use runInstaller to deinstall all products, then continue by deleting the files that remain on disk.

Best regards.

Frank
Previous Topic: Linix to Rdb(VMS)
Next Topic: post-install configuration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:10:56 CDT 2024