Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Oracle 9i --- 8i bacwards compatibility
Oracle 9i --- 8i bacwards compatibility [message #99011] Wed, 10 March 2004 00:04 Go to next message
Ted V. H.
Hello!

At work I have a multi-user environment that is based on Oracle 8i database and a special application (actually two separate apps, one is very special proprietary app and the another based on forms 6i) that is developed and supplied by another company.

I'd like to use Linux as the database server as it would cut down the operating costs. (we are now running on unix)

But,
I have a problem installing Oracle 8i on any modern distro (linking errors). I know that oracle 9i is certified for at least Suse and RH enterprise, but I suppose I can't use 9i as the database without making changes to the apps, at least to the one running on forms 6i?

Or can I? Or what should I do? I think it's impossible to install RH 7.x to a modern server because of the new hardware not being supported by the old OS??

Thanks,
Ted
Re: Oracle 9i --- 8i bacwards compatibility [message #99119 is a reply to message #99011] Tue, 10 August 2004 03:56 Go to previous message
sunil kanti malik
dear sir,
If u kindly tell me that:
What version of 8i database is compatible with 6i forms?
What version of 8i database is compatible with 9ids?
Previous Topic: Oracle 10G / Linux RedHat 9 Installation
Next Topic: Poblem in downloading Oracle 9i for LINUX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:01:46 CDT 2024