Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » *URGENT HELP NEEDED*
*URGENT HELP NEEDED* [message #89688] Thu, 24 June 2004 06:11 Go to next message
Steve
Hello -

I need some help regarding Reports 6i.  I have created a parameter form for my report, the parameter is p_award_num_req.  The goal is to utilize the parameter when the report is run to filter data based on the entry.  I have two conditions.  The first, if the user does not make an entry, I need to display all awards from the table.  The second is, if the user makes a partial entry, I'd like to use a wildcard and LIKE statement in the WHERE clause to retrieve the matches.  I really do not know where to start.  I have been fumbling around with triggers to try and handle the NULL entry (problem #1), but I cannot get the wildcard to work.  Currently, the final portion of my WHERE clause reads 'AND award_number LIKE ':p_award_num_req''   I know this is incorrect, but am I on the right track?  Thanks.

Steve
Re: *URGENT HELP NEEDED* [message #89689 is a reply to message #89688] Thu, 24 June 2004 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Atul P

Just change the where clause to this.

AND award_number LIKE '%'||:p_award_num_req||'%'

This will solve your Problem.
Chao
Re: *URGENT HELP NEEDED* [message #89695 is a reply to message #89689] Mon, 28 June 2004 05:28 Go to previous message
Steve
thank you!
Previous Topic: Printing character mode report from live Previewer
Next Topic: rep-1259, but break order is specified!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 05:30:03 CDT 2024