Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Strange problem.report stuck in between for few time
Strange problem.report stuck in between for few time [message #89670] Mon, 21 June 2004 02:14 Go to next message
Puneet sachar
Hi,

I've been given a task to investigate a Report.

The problem with report is, it got stuck for few time and when it stuck the message is Formating page -1 and then stuck in some other pages.

What could be the problem?

When the formating page message comes does it mean that resultset has been created for query.

Kindly let me know

its urgent

cheers

Puneet
Re: Strange problem.report stuck in between for few time [message #89671 is a reply to message #89670] Mon, 21 June 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
If you are sure that Resultset has been fetched then check if Report has any Formula Columns & Format triggers as they must be taking time & not allowing the report to be displayed.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: Strange problem.report stuck in between for few time [message #89674 is a reply to message #89671] Mon, 21 June 2004 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Puneet sachar
Hi himanshu,

How to see weather all data has been fetched
secondly I have found that report have one format trigger and it has following procdure in it

SRW.SET_BACKGROUND_FILL_COLOR and I suppose this will not work for report where mode is set to character.

Tell me am I going in right direction.

apart from that there is no such formula col or format trigger which take long time
Re: Strange problem.report stuck in between for few time [message #89675 is a reply to message #89670] Mon, 21 June 2004 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jl
Hi i am very new with oracle, i am suppose to generate report regarding alot of criteria example will be audit trail
how should i start going to generate those reports?
i need any preapration steps before start any generating?
Re: Strange problem.report stuck in between for few time [message #89682 is a reply to message #89674] Wed, 23 June 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Try removing this Format trigger & then test the Report.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: Strange problem.report stuck in between for few time [message #89684 is a reply to message #89682] Wed, 23 June 2004 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Puneet sachar
hi

tried that not working...
Re: Strange problem.report stuck in between for few time [message #89703 is a reply to message #89684] Tue, 29 June 2004 07:58 Go to previous message
Steve
i have been having this problem also.... The report gets hung up at around page 14 (where summary columns are busy getting calculated). I have 4 columns and a format trigger ! The performance is dreadful, but there really isn't anything that I can do if these are the features I need...It also doesn't help that the report itself is over 2,000 pages long. =O

Point being, if it is not calculations, formula, or a trigger, then u may want to start the report over? It's possible that something bizarre happened behind the scenes and Reports just chugs on that particular report. Its up to you.

Regards,
Steve
Previous Topic: auto-compile?
Next Topic: Orientation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 06:20:36 CDT 2024