Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Static LOV in Oracle Discoverer
Static LOV in Oracle Discoverer [message #89552] Wed, 12 May 2004 21:03 Go to next message
Vinod S Poal
Hi,

I would like to know the steps involved in

a) creating a Static LOV.

b) Passing the parameter value which accepts month value, i.e if i give the value as 'Mar' for the parameter value, it should print the report from jan to mar and like wise.

If u have any answers, pl reply to this mail id.

Regards,

Vinod S Poal

Re: Static LOV in Oracle Discoverer [message #89562 is a reply to message #89552] Mon, 17 May 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NooBEmu
a) creating a Static LOV.

To create a LOV you must create a Item Class on the Administrator aplication.

b) Passing the parameter value which accepts month value, i.e if i give the value as 'Mar' for the parameter value, it should print the report from jan to mar and like wise.

create a parameter to select de end month and create also a condition that indicates that teh start month should be january (note: you must have a date hierarchy in order to compare months)

If u have any answers, pl reply to this mail id.
Re: Static LOV in Oracle Discoverer [message #89572 is a reply to message #89562] Wed, 19 May 2004 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vinod S Poal
Hi,

Thanks for responding for the query. But still i have some doubt regarding the Static LOV, well fine, it is been created in Administrator Application through an Item Class where the Item Class is based on the column of a Table/View.

The actual requirement for me is to have LOV where the values of the LOV are used defined, but not from the column of a Table/View i.e I would like to have for ex. the Months of a Year(jan - dec).

It will be helpful if u have any ways to do the same.

Thanks,

Vinod. S Poal
Re: Static LOV in Oracle Discoverer [message #89579 is a reply to message #89572] Tue, 25 May 2004 03:15 Go to previous message
NooBEmu
if you choose to create date hierarquies from administrator edition you have fields that corresponds to year of date.. other way is create a table with these values..

I Hope that can be useful :)
Previous Topic: + Need Help to display database images in oracle reports +
Next Topic: which is fastest, sql in afterform trigger or database procedure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 20:44:52 CDT 2024