Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How can I increase column width in report builder 6i
How can I increase column width in report builder 6i [message #89053] Tue, 12 August 2003 22:03 Go to next message
Steve Maton
Hi,
I'm using Report builder 6i/ora 8.1.7.4.
I had cause to increase the size of a column (varchar) of a table in the database used in my report.
When I compiled the report in report builder it compiled successfully however the column width in the
property palette was still displaying the old value.
Report builder will not allow me to modify the column width as it's a scalar type sourced from the database.
Does anyone know to get report builder to update the column width?

Thanks.
Re: How can I increase column width in report builder 6i [message #89054 is a reply to message #89053] Tue, 12 August 2003 23:16 Go to previous message
Steve Maton
I found the following explanation in metalink.

Thread Status: Closed

Subject: Changes made to the column width in the DB and it's effect on one of the report's performance

Changes made to the column width in the DB and it's effect on one of the report's performance

We made a change to a column width (from varchar2(15) to varchar2(21) ) in one of the tables that is part of a query used to generate reports.

The report used to run in 5-10 minutes, after the change it needs few hours to run, I changed the Reports .rdf file column property width from 15 to 20, but does not seem it's the problem

I am not sure what else do I need to check and modify in the reports when column width in the DB for some reason changed?

I checked the modified DB table in regards to chaining and it has no chained rows.

Running the Report seems to be only effected application , other application works as expected. Any idea?

Not sure what else I can do or if i missing on something, we are using Oracle8i on NT and Report6i

Any help is very much appreciated

Cheers, MA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Re : Changes made to the column width in the DB and it's effect on one of the report's performance

Go to the Data Model and edit the Query. Type a space at the end of the query, and press APPLY. This will force the query to reparse
without changing the query. After the query is reparsed the Reports
field will reflect the change ( Note: you do not have to redo a default layout. )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous Topic: How to allow user to leave non-LOV parameter empty?
Next Topic: Auto stop report services
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:58:14 CDT 2024