Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to Maintain screen parameter of the report
How to Maintain screen parameter of the report [message #89031] Mon, 04 August 2003 21:07 Go to next message
Susane
Hello there! Could anyone help me to solve my problem on report. All user's request me to maintain the screen report when there is input parameter.

This is the consequences...

There is a report with screen input parameter (user parameter) when i run the first input and the report was display the user print the report and after print the report they close the preview and the program also close and return to the menu. When there's a lot of input they always open the program. They requested me to possibly maintain the screen until they finished all the inputs. Is there's a way not to close the program in previewer unless i press the "x" button in screen of input parameter....

Please guys help me to solve this problem....
all your answers will be highly appreciated..

thanks a lot

susane
Re: How to Maintain screen parameter of the report [message #89048 is a reply to message #89031] Mon, 11 August 2003 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rahman
hi susane!
i think it's better to write "validation trigger" in the Input field of Parameter Form & it'll be as follows;-

let's Parameter fiels name is P_StnCd :

function P_StnCdValidTrigger return boolean is
begin
if :p_StnCd is null
then
srw.message(108, 'Sorry, Station No. can not be empty!');
return (false);
raise srw.program_abort;
else
return (TRUE);
end if;
EXCEPTION
when srw.run_report_failure then
srw.message(30, 'Error Generating reports.');
raise srw.program_abort;
end;

therefore, if user doesn't enter value it'll still display same Para.Scrn

hope it'll help u
rahman
Re: How to Maintain screen parameter of the report [message #89049 is a reply to message #89048] Mon, 11 August 2003 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rahman
Hi Susane!
if not yet solve ur problem
Call Ur REPORT from FORM & within the Form take input from User & pass it to the REPORT, after closing report it'll come back to ur called Form
bye
rahman
Re: How to Maintain screen parameter of the report [message #89071 is a reply to message #89048] Thu, 21 August 2003 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Susane
Hi! Rahman,

Thanks a lot for the information you have shared
i just to try to call the report thru form. But i don't know how to pass my input field in the reports.
Is it posible that the i have an input field in forms and it passes thru the report and is it possible also that my input in forms will pass thru the input of my reports. Please help me... sorry if i have answer you now i try my best to discover that problem. But im not..
Please help me...

thanks

susane
Re: How to Maintain screen parameter of the report [message #89076 is a reply to message #89049] Tue, 26 August 2003 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Susane
hi! rahman

Pardon me for being so many questions to ask. Can you give me an example how to do it. I made a form to call my report but i cannot pass my input to the report. Can you send me a sample codes and parameter to be change.

Thank you for the enthusiatic support and i really appreciate very much your assistance...

Hope you reply me again...

thanks a lot

susane
Re: How to Maintain screen parameter of the report [message #89078 is a reply to message #89076] Wed, 27 August 2003 03:06 Go to previous message
Rahman
DECLARE
RepId REPORT_OBJECT;
V_Rep VARCHAR2(100);
pl_id ParamList;

BEGIN
--this PARAMETER.P_MRN in form's parameter & assign by the value of text :MPI.MRN
:PARAMETER.P_MRN := :MPI.MRN;
--P_MRN this parameter must be created in 'User Parameters' of report with same data type n size
/*
** Check to see if the 'P_MRN' parameter list exists.
*/
pl_id := Get_Parameter_List('P_MRN');
/*
** If it does, then delete it before we create it again in
** case it contains parameters that are not useful for our
** purposes here.
*/
IF NOT Id_Null(pl_id) THEN
MESSAGE('P_MRN EXISTS NOW DESTROYING');
Destroy_Parameter_List( pl_id );
END IF;

pl_id := Create_Parameter_List('P_MRN');

IF Id_Null(pl_id) THEN
-- MESSAGE('P_MRN CAN NOT BE CREATED');
RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE;
END IF;
-- MESSAGE('P_MRN param created');
/*
** Run the report synchronously, passing the parameter
*/

RUN_PRODUCT(Reports,'c:himslabel',Synchronous,RUNTIME,Filesystem,'Default',Null);

END;

TRY IT
BYE
Previous Topic: information required about barcode
Next Topic: developer 2000 reports 2.5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:15:59 CDT 2024