Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » LOV in Reports with filter using where
LOV in Reports with filter using where [message #88450] Sat, 07 September 2002 03:35 Go to next message
Meghna
Hello,
I have defined a parameter :item. On this basis
I want to select vendors in another LOV like
select a.vend_cd,vend_name from vendor a,vend_item b
where item_cd=:item(???) and a.vend_cd=b.vend_cd

but giving error. Also i am using :item as source in field itemcode with sucess. I got the answer but not able to understand. here it is:

While setting a simple parameter for use in defining the select statement, such as a date, bill_period_id etc. is simple, there are times when you may wish to allow a user to add any "where" statement they wish. However, if you create a varchar user variable and try to reference it as an SQL condition ( e.g. Select * from account where :usercondition) you will get an error. The secret is that the variable must be initialized to a valid SQL condition before the Data Model will accept it. This is done in the "Initial Value" spot on the variable's properties form. The usual default is "1 = 1" which simply means all rows meeting whatever other conditions are included in the select statement will pass this condition if the user does not change it in the parameter form.

please help.

meghna
meghna1998@rediffmail.com
Re: LOV in Reports with filter using where [message #88455 is a reply to message #88450] Tue, 10 September 2002 07:29 Go to previous message
ram kumar
hi,
one cant parameterise lov in report...
regards
ram
Previous Topic: Disable a Field in Report?
Next Topic: I'm almost dead now coz of this printing problem.Guys pls Help Me!!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:20:01 CDT 2024