Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Batch Reporting - Oracle Reports
Batch Reporting - Oracle Reports [message #88431] Wed, 28 August 2002 15:12 Go to next message
Meenakshi S Ganesh
I am trying to run multiple reports and i had the following query on the BeforeReport trigger on the main report and it gave me back an error 'REP-1428 'beforereprot':Error while running SRW.RUN_REPORT.

Does any have solution for this?

Thanks
MSG

function BeforeReport return boolean is
cursor main_cur is
select unique_project_id p_unique_project_id,
project_desc,
unique_product_id p_unique_product_id,
package_indicator p_package_indicator,
'labelc' p_report_id,
5 p_employee_no
from mrt_project p,
mrt_product pl
where p.unique_project_id = pl.unique_original_project_id
and p.unique_project_id = :p_project_id
order by pl.date_entered;
begin
for i in main_cur loop
srw.run_report('module=c:web_reports_2.2qalabelc.rdf batch=yes paramform=no destype=file desname=c:labelc.RTF desformat=RTF p_unique_project_id=i.p_unique_project_id
p_unique_product_id=i.p_unique_product_id p_report_id=i.p_report_id p_employee_no=i.p_employee_no p_package_indicator=i.p_package_indicator');
end loop;
return (TRUE);
end;
Re: Batch Reporting - Oracle Reports [message #88565 is a reply to message #88431] Mon, 18 November 2002 23:20 Go to previous message
Dhirendra
If you go To Oracle Report Help and Look over ther
for Error Message then You would find this:

Cause: This error occurs when another component (e.g., Form Builder) passes a query to Report Builder and there is a mismatch between the columns passed and the columns expected by Report Builder. Possible causes of this error include:
Case 1: Report Builder is expecting more or fewer columns than the number that was actually passed by the calling application.
Case 2: The parameter list of the calling application describes a column differently than what Report Builder expects. For example, if the report's query selects a character column and the calling application assigns that column a date datatype, this error will be raised.
Action: You can take the following actions to correct this error:
If Case 1: Ensure that the calling application is passing the same number of columns that Report Builder is expecting.
If Case 2: Ensure that the datatypes and names of the columns being passed by the calling application match the datatypes and names in the report.

I think this will work.

If it doesn't Work You can send me the RDF and I would have a Look to that.

Regards,
Dhirendra
Previous Topic: Can we use Loops in Report Builder Queries
Next Topic: Re: Parameter input changes report main heading
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:55:10 CDT 2024