Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Set up reports server
Set up reports server [message #88235] Sat, 25 May 2002 12:51 Go to next message
Charlie
I am currently having big problems trying to set up the reports server (i am attempting to deploy oracle forms and reports on the web).

When I try to start the server in services (windows NT) the following error is displayed "error 186". I have looked in the relevant troubleshooting section in the oracle documentation and it simply suggests the error is normally due to the tnsnames.ora or sqlnet.ora files being incorrect. I have now checked these and I still have the same error.

Following the installation of the reports server I was asked to perform the following actions manually:

[[ACTION]] Please configure the following virtual path with your web listener: /dev60html for
physical directory C:OracleOra6itoolsweb60html.

[[ACTION]] Please configure the following virtual path with your web listener: /dev60cgi for
physical directory C:OracleOra6itoolsweb60cgi.

I think this error (186) may have something to do with this.....Yes I am a novice!! But I am not too sure what this means. Is it asking me to edit the web listener httpd.conf file somehow?

If anybody has any ideas please explain in detail what to do.

Thank you in anticipation!!!!!

Charlie
Re: Set up reports server [message #88259 is a reply to message #88235] Thu, 30 May 2002 13:24 Go to previous message
CJ
charlie

i have recently deployed reports server to a test server. i received the same error as you.

i took the tnsnames.ora file from my box (which worked just fine) and placed it on the server. that worked for me.

you shouldn't have to alter the httpd.conf file at all.

one other thing that might help if all this works. when you get it installed, go to the properties (in services) and click on the 'log on' tab. uncheck 'interact with the desktop' otherwise the reports/forms server might shutdown when you log off of the server.

cj
Previous Topic: regarding data_parameter passing in reports 2.5
Next Topic: Re: MS OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Error '80040e14'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:41:18 CDT 2024