Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Building Queries dynamically, in case of Reports
Building Queries dynamically, in case of Reports [message #88151] Tue, 16 April 2002 22:11 Go to next message
rajesh
I want to create a query dynamically. The scenario is like this
I am passing around 5 parameters from the form to call a report and all the parameters may be null or may not and I am also going to use these parameters in the where condition of the query, accordingly I want to create a query dynamically depending upon the passed parameter is null or not. If passed parameter is not null I am going to use the same in the where condition of the query if not I am not going use that parameter in the where condition.

Can anybody help me in this regard
Re: Building Queries dynamically, in case of Reports [message #88154 is a reply to message #88151] Thu, 18 April 2002 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
greg gold
Use lexical parameters to build your where clause. That way some can be null.
Re: Building Queries dynamically, in case of Reports [message #88170 is a reply to message #88151] Wed, 24 April 2002 04:13 Go to previous message
arun kumar
Hi

The Proble can be of 2 Ways as i understood
1. Change in Where Clause only
2. change in the whole Structure Of the Query

Ans 1. You can form a where clause through the forms and add a parameter to it and send it as a TEXT_PARAMETER from forms and send it through RUN_PRODUCT and Receive as a LEXICAL PARAMETER in the reports as stated below

:empno is for bind parameter
&empno is Lexical parameter

Ans 2. You can form a full Query in the forms and Send the whole query to the Reports as a DATA_PARAMETER from forms and The query which u send will replace the Report Query which u have alredy developed in the Reports

Enjoy u'r Self if u have any Queried Please send it to me
Previous Topic: Very URGENT !!! Having problem with drill down report
Next Topic: Please Help me out
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:44:42 CDT 2024