Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » If any one champion in report , I will appreciate
If any one champion in report , I will appreciate [message #88127] Fri, 29 March 2002 20:15 Go to next message
Muhammad Sultan Alam
I have one table company
and I am using a report based on single query and table is company but i am using
select * from company
whenever I add a field in a company and run the report
It shows error,
after that I opend my report and double click on data model in sql statement query box i press space bar one or 2 times and then compile
after compilation it works well but the problem is that I have a client in different cities whenever i send the file in other city via email it does not work and shows error, they also open the report and do the same as i did, so please let me know the exact solution I will be very great ful and oblige.
Re: If any one champion in report , I will appreciate [message #88133 is a reply to message #88127] Fri, 05 April 2002 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FT
Sum up your columns. select * is quite alright in SQL*Plus, but not in Reports
Re: If any one champion in report , I will appreciate [message #88135 is a reply to message #88127] Sun, 07 April 2002 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R. Suri
Hi Mohammed!

We have faced similar problem.
If there is a change in the underlying table(s) and the new fields do not appear in the report opening the data model is not important. You have to recompile(CTRL-K) and regenerate.
Also, if the rep is to be run against another installation of ORACLE database then again rdf has to be recompiled on the other installation, even though the OS and the ORACLE DB versions are same. This we are managing by remote log in. This is the only thing I have to say. ORACLE should come out with a solution to avoid this unnecessary hassle.

Thanks
R. Suri,
Kuwait
Re: If any one champion in report , I will appreciate [message #88172 is a reply to message #88127] Wed, 24 April 2002 05:10 Go to previous message
arun kumar
Please u have to think logically when u are using
select * form emp
Moreover it is not a Structured way of using Select * From From
and design you'r layout for the columns 'n' in your report and if u add one more column in your table , the report will not be having that column
ie 'n+1' then how does oracle understand that u have included the column at runtime

I can suggest u one thing while designing the report itself u can take care of this Problem
u can dynamically add columns in the report by having a proper design in the layout,

Hint
Take the column names from COL Table build the Query
Design the Query in Forms and Pass it as a Parameter to the Reports and as a DATA_PARAMETER
Replace the Whole Query and and dynamically u can build the Report

I dont think it is necessory for Oracle to come out of Miracles when they have a lovely MIRACLE TOOL like Report Builder Mr R. Suri
Previous Topic: Please Help me out
Next Topic: very urgent .....year 1999 recods appearing as 2099 in my reports...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:04:25 CDT 2024