Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Converting RPT programs
Converting RPT programs [message #88085] Sat, 16 February 2002 01:53 Go to next message
Hamid Sultan
Hi,

I have about 500 RPT and about 200 Forms (ver 3.0) programs running under VAX/VMS. I want to move them to Windows/NT.

While current Oracle tools like 6i can convert the forms to GUI versions, however I need a tool to convert my RPT programs to so that they can generate text based output (.LIS) file as was generated through running the SQL*Report(RPT) program followed by RPF.

I will greatly appreciate if anyone could provide me info on availability of such a tool.

Thanks
Re: Converting RPT programs [message #88262 is a reply to message #88085] Mon, 03 June 2002 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan de Nysschen
I have developed a program that will convert the rpt into a PRO-C program.
Re: Converting RPT programs (Help .RPT to .RDF) [message #89191 is a reply to message #88262] Fri, 14 November 2003 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Muhammad Aurangzaib
Salam
Hope u are best in yu health...

my dear ... I have a problem that I have .RPT file for SQL*Report version 1.1.5 ... will u have idea or are u did a work on :

1-conversion .RPT to .REX and then convert to .RDF
OR
2-Conversion .RPT to .RDF directly....

Any Idea... Please flow to me...

Most important:moreover can u tell me in which version of Oracle have .REX Reports and how I can get this version of Oracle.

thx a lot

itroome@hotmail.com
itroome@yahoo.com
Re: Converting RPT programs (Help .RPT to .RDF) [message #89507 is a reply to message #89191] Tue, 27 April 2004 00:59 Go to previous message
omar jilani
salam aliekom mohammd
i hope that ur doing well,
i am facing the same ur problem u faced ,
can you please tell me what happend with your rpts,and how did you convert them.
i ll apretiate your help ,
Best regards
Previous Topic: report speed/performance is very slow
Next Topic: How to print Report Directly From Forms 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 17:42:34 CDT 2024