Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » Oracle Streams to Flat file or named pipe
Oracle Streams to Flat file or named pipe [message #75762] Fri, 07 January 2005 06:19 Go to next message
Eldho Thomas
I know Oracle Streams is best suited to work between two Oracle databases, but how complex is to use Oracle Streams to stream changed data to a flat file or named pipe instead of an Oracle database ? Is there any additional overhead (processing power, database objects etc.) on the source system in comparison to an Oracle-to-Oracle streaming ?

Can someone explain the specifics of implementing an Oracle-Flat file/Named pipe streaming using Oracle Streams ?

Thanks.
Re: Oracle Streams to Flat file or named pipe [message #75763 is a reply to message #75762] Mon, 10 January 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scoop
I too am interested in the viability of dequeueing the Logical change records created by streams into a flat file. I want to be able to capture the changes but send them via a flat file to target destination at the end of each day.I need to understand if this is possible
Re: Oracle Streams to Flat file or named pipe [message #75766 is a reply to message #75762] Wed, 26 January 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scoop
Eldho,
did you get an answer to the sreams question from any other source?
Re: Oracle Streams to Flat file or named pipe [message #75767 is a reply to message #75766] Wed, 26 January 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eldho Thomas
Nope. But, I think the way it would be done is by using the PL/SQL script at the "APPLY" phase to write into a flat file.

Pls let me know if you hear anything.
Re: Oracle Streams to Flat file or named pipe [message #144433 is a reply to message #75762] Wed, 26 October 2005 07:50 Go to previous message
swetly
Any feedback on moving the data in flat file??
The problem of using an Apply process is that you must configure a propagation and apply on the same DB. The problem is when you have declared propagation to an remote DB and then the messages are kept in the queue and no one else then the propagation agent can dequeue them Sad
Previous Topic: how to add include_ddl => true to an existing table which has only include_dml=true
Next Topic: Oracle Advanced Queuing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:24:12 CDT 2024