Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » 9i RAC problems: Large node count and adding nodes
9i RAC problems: Large node count and adding nodes [message #74936] Mon, 08 November 2004 05:53 Go to next message
Bill Potter
I'm working with a team trying (this week) to configure and performance test large 9i RAC configurations on Windows 2003 using 9.2.0.4. We are running in to trouble in two areas

1) Configuring more than 8 nodes in the initial installation;
2) Adding nodes to existing RAC configurations;

I don't want to go into details here (yet) but would like to ask anyone who reads here and who has experience in this area to get in touch with me.

I have searched high and lo on the web and find little or no information on either topic. It appears that nobody has tried this with success and reported on it.

I promise to put up an article somewhere on the net if we are sucessful.

Thanks,

Bill Potter
(E-Mail to bpotter AT micros.com)
Re: 9i RAC problems: Large node count and adding nodes [message #74937 is a reply to message #74936] Wed, 10 November 2004 01:15 Go to previous message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

Well according to me you can find a number of articles on metalink related to "Adding nodes to existing RAC configurations". And believe me metalink is really a big ocean where you can find almost every kind of help/solutions which you expect from oracle.

Daljit Singh.
Previous Topic: Oracle 9i lsnodes/clustercheck problem...
Next Topic: Oracle RAC on RedHatLinux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:21:32 CDT 2024