Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Can't start Oracle Names Server on Windows XP
Can't start Oracle Names Server on Windows XP [message #67440] Mon, 26 July 2004 13:51 Go to next message
Kamil
Hello,
I'm testing Oracle9i on WinXP(sp1 and all latest patches already installed).

I'm tried to configure Oracle Names Server. Using wizard I'm create names server on my computer on port 1575 by selecting: Don't use a region database, Name server is first in its region and name server is in the root region. All seems to be ok, but when I start this names server then got error messages:
TNS-12536: TNS:operation would block
TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
TNS-00506: Operation would block
32-bit Windows Error: 997: Unknown error

Can anybody help me solve this problem? On this account I can't connect to the Oracle Management Server.
Re: Can't start Oracle Names Server on Windows XP [message #67520 is a reply to message #67440] Fri, 10 September 2004 23:57 Go to previous message
Kamil
Because there was no answer, I found the reason.
The problem is in starting windows service for oracle names server. I look in my windows service and find OracleOra(version)Names(namesserver). In properties I can see the path to the executable file Names.exe. This file is missing. To fix this problem I must extract manualy the file Names.exe from Oracle distributions CD to the specified path. It was on second Oracle Database CD in package stageComponentsoracle.networking.names(version)1DataFilesexec.1.1.jar.
Note: .jar is ordiary .zip file
Previous Topic: Failed to start Names Server
Next Topic: Oracle 8i not installed in win2000 operating system.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 07:18:14 CDT 2024