Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » ORACLE Network Connectivity
ORACLE Network Connectivity [message #67069] Mon, 25 August 2003 07:28 Go to next message
sahaslad
Hi,
mine Oracle version 8.1.6.
I am not getting any help as to how i should be able to connect to the Oracle Database located on Server-2 by using asp(Active Server Pages).
I have already configured the Listener & Local Net Service Name through the NET8 Config. Assistant I am able to connect to the Server-2 from Server-1 by using the Net8 Assistant and through the SQL*Plus also by giving the syntax :
connect scott/tiger@abcd - where abcd is the SID on the Server-2

Now when it is able to connect to the Oracle Database on Server-2 i want the same to happen through the asp script.I have tried a number of scripts for the same

Server-1 is used for application (ASP)
Server-2 is used for database (ORACLE)

Any help would be highly appericated..

Thanks,
Saahs
Re: ORACLE Network Connectivity [message #67221 is a reply to message #67069] Tue, 17 February 2004 00:22 Go to previous message
Arvind
Hi,
mine Oracle version 8.1.6.
I am not getting any help as to how i should be able to connect to the Oracle Database located on Server-2 by using asp(Active Server Pages).
I have already configured the Listener & Local Net Service Name through the NET8 Config. Assistant I am able to connect to the Server-2 from Server-1 by using the Net8 Assistant and through the SQL*Plus also by giving the syntax :
connect scott/tiger@abcd - where abcd is the SID on the Server-2
Now when it is able to connect to the Oracle Database on Server-2 i want the same to happen through the asp script.I have tried a number of scripts for the same

Server-1 is used for application (ASP)
Server-2 is used for database (ORACLE)

Any help would be highly appericated..

Thanks,
Arvind
Previous Topic: Oracle Server Renames
Next Topic: TNS ( ORA-1203:TNS:unable to connect to destination )
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 20:47:26 CDT 2024