Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Oracle OLEDB provider tnsname connection error
Oracle OLEDB provider tnsname connection error [message #67035] Thu, 12 June 2003 03:48 Go to next message
sorin
Hi all,

I have a Oracle 9.0.1.0 client configured to use OracleNames (ONAMES) to connect to a remote Oracle 8.1 server.

My pc runs winXP.

I want to use Oracle OLEDB Provider because Microsoft's drivers have some problems retrieving data.

I configure a connection (e.g. UDL file) to point to my server. I click on "test connection" once and it works. If I click a second time I got a "TNS Name not found" error from Oracle.

sqlplus is working properly. I noticed that after the first called the OCI remains loaded, killing the process will result in a second successfully connection to server.

Further more, if I change ONAMES to TNSNAMES the connection works fine.

Microsoft OLEDB provider for Oracle is connecting in both situation but is not working :(

Obviously I want to use ONAMES because the solution is to be deployed to a big number of client PC...

Is there a known issue with Oracle OLEDB provider and ONAMES solution?

Thank you
Sorin
Re: Oracle OLEDB provider tnsname connection error [message #67098 is a reply to message #67035] Thu, 25 September 2003 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ken Hinerman
Did you ever determine a root cause for this issue? I'm having the same exact problem.
Re: Oracle OLEDB provider tnsname connection error [message #67216 is a reply to message #67035] Fri, 13 February 2004 03:14 Go to previous message
tt
Try full domain name on your network setting, that will help to resolve your problem
Previous Topic: listener problem
Next Topic: how to drop a database link?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 07:14:27 CDT 2024