Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Dialup connection dialog box is coming, When connecting from Client(LAN)
Dialup connection dialog box is coming, When connecting from Client(LAN) [message #66400] Tue, 21 May 2002 21:03 Go to next message
Naushad
Dear Experts

The dialup connection popup/screen (The screen for connecting to internet) is coming at each time, when I am connecting oracle from client (Network - LAN). The connection is establishing only either I close the dialog box or press the connect button. When I am testing through tnsping80 utility the popup is coming one time. If I am trying to connect the SQL plus or any other GUI tool, the popup is coming two times. There is no such problem in server. I am new in Oracle. How can I prevent the dialog box? Please advice me,

Thank you in advance,

Naushad
Re: Dialup connection dialog box is coming, When connecting from Client(LAN) [message #66403 is a reply to message #66400] Fri, 24 May 2002 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.SREENIVASAN
SIR,

I GOT THE SAME PROBLEM IN MY MACHINE LAST MONTH.WHAT I DID IS,I REINSTALL THE OS,THEN DIALUP,THEN ORALCE.

THEN MY PROBLEM IS SOLVED.

K.SREENIVASAN
Re: Dialup connection dialog box is coming, When connecting from Client(LAN) [message #66405 is a reply to message #66400] Fri, 24 May 2002 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.SREENIVASAN
SIR,

I GOT THE SAME PROBLEM IN MY MACHINE LAST MONTH.WHAT I DID IS,I REINSTALL THE OS,THEN DIALUP,THEN ORALCE.

THEN MY PROBLEM IS SOLVED.

K.SREENIVASAN
Re: Dialup connection dialog box is coming, When connecting from Client(LAN) [message #66407 is a reply to message #66405] Fri, 24 May 2002 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.SREENIVASAN
Dear Mr.Srinivasan,
Thank you for your immediate response. I solved this problem my self last day without reinstalling the OS. The solution of this problem is,
Go to Internet explorer Properties window (Right button of the Internet Explorer icon in desktop)
Go to "Connections" tab
Change the option from "Always Dial my default Connection" to
* Never dial a connection Or
* Dial whenever a network connection is not present.

Thank you,

Naushad
Thru dialup if connect to the oracle Application server (web) , the Forms are getting open but appl [message #67004 is a reply to message #66407] Thu, 22 May 2003 23:11 Go to previous message
Kumar
Thru dialup if connect to the oracle Application server (web) , the Forms are getting open but applet not opening it gives form error

Thanks
Previous Topic: mirror site
Next Topic: CAn't find oracle databases after crash
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 15:22:29 CDT 2024