Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Re: Getting ORA-01034 Oracle not available error ,even though database is up
Re: Getting ORA-01034 Oracle not available error ,even though database is up [message #66212] Thu, 31 January 2002 04:14
srikant
anuradha:
hi. even i have a similar problem with my oracle instance. the only option that i have at present is to manually stop and start the listener control(LSNRCTL). this proves to be pretty costly to me, as it the listener control goes down for all the 10+ different instances running on the unix box. this has been so frustrating that i evnetually wrote a small script to start/stop the listener. at present i have got the solution of adding another listner port on the server, but i have not been able to do the load testing of the same. also from the server side there is difference between the foll 2 commands:
sqlplus username/password and
sqlplus username/password@connect_string.
in the first case it connects directly (this is called a BEQ connection) and in the other case it is as if u r connecting like a client though u r working from the server machine.
if u have any info about my problem, do let me know. u can mail me at srikant.kapuganti@seepz.tcs.co.in.
regards,
bye
srikant
Previous Topic: oracle and d2k installation on the same system
Next Topic: Connecting to a Remote Oracle Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:36:26 CDT 2024