Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Problem related to Transparent Application Failover in Real Application clusters
Problem related to Transparent Application Failover in Real Application clusters [message #66049] Thu, 25 October 2001 07:17 Go to next message
Prashant S
I have installed Real Application cluster database in 2 node RAC cluster in win2k platform.I have also installed Oracle9i client on some third machine outside the cluster.
Now I am configuring listener.ora file on both the server nodes in cluster as suggested in Oracle9i Net Services Administrator Guide.The guide says that I should not use the Global_DBName parameter in SID_LIST_listenerName section of listener.ora file on server nodes for Transparent Application Failover to be effective.I follow this rule.
At the client's end I include Failover=on in tnsnames.ora file
But now I run into a problem when I try to connect to this cluster database from client.Upon connection from sqlplus (connect sys/oracle as sysdba) I get error
ORA-12560: TNS:Protocol Adapter Error
This error does not occur and client successfully connects to cluster database if I include Global_DBName parameter in SID_LIST_listenername section of listener.ora files on both the server nodes.
Anyone Please resolve this issue urgently.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Problem related to Transparent Application Failover in Real Application clusters [message #66092 is a reply to message #66049] Fri, 09 November 2001 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.SREENIVASAN
SIR,

RIGHT CLICK THE MYCOMPUTER--ADVANCED-ENVIRONENTS--SET THE FOLLOWING NEW VARIABLE LIKE

ORALCE_SID=ORCL

(SET YOUR DATABASE SID)

THEN USE THE SQLPLUS TO CONNECT THE ORACLE.

THAT'S ALL.
K.SREENIVASAN

Re: Problem related to Transparent Application Failover in Real Application clusters [message #66153 is a reply to message #66049] Fri, 21 December 2001 02:03 Go to previous message
Giuseppe
I have installed Real Application cluster database in 2 node RAC cluster in win2k platform.I have also installed Oracle9i client on some third machine outside the cluster.
Now I am configuring listener.ora file on both the server nodes in cluster as suggested in Oracle9i Net Services Administrator Guide.The guide says that I should not use the Global_DBName parameter in SID_LIST_listenerName section of listener.ora file on server nodes for Transparent Application Failover to be effective.I follow this rule.
At the client's end I include Failover=on in tnsnames.ora file
But now I run into a problem when I try to connect to this cluster database from client.Upon connection from sqlplus (connect sys/oracle as sysdba) I get error
ORA-12560: TNS:Protocol Adapter Error
This error does not occur and client successfully connects to cluster database if I include Global_DBName parameter in SID_LIST_listenername section of listener.ora files on both the server nodes.
Anyone Please resolve this issue urgently.

Previous Topic: i could install oracle8i successfully !!!!!
Next Topic: can i change the machine name after installation ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:11:51 CDT 2024