Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » I/O performance problem (12c R1)
I/O performance problem [message #683665] Thu, 11 February 2021 15:04 Go to next message
JackBauer
Hello,

We are trying to debug an I/O performance issue.

We have detected a lot of I/O in cloud control in the last 2 days in one of our DBs.

In an AWR, what section should we check first for I/O problems?

It should be the section about SQL ordered by User I/O right?

Would we get any valuable info by comparing the SQL ordered by gets between 2 different periods? One doing well and another one doing bad for troubleshooting I/O?

Thanks
Re: I/O performance problem [message #683671 is a reply to message #683665] Fri, 12 February 2021 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Jack, you are approaching this from the wrong direction. I/O is not a performance issue. For example, I do not think that your users are telephoning you to complain that Cloud Control is reporting too much I/O. What are they complaining about? Is it, for example, that a screen takes too long to refresh? Or that the overnight batch jobs don't finish until lunchtime? If you can identify a problem (in business terms - something that affects users) then you can investigate it. Just looking at an AWR report and finding a figure that you do not like is not the way to go.

Re: I/O performance problem [message #683676 is a reply to message #683671] Fri, 12 February 2021 06:20 Go to previous message
JackBauer
There was a problem with backups.

Solved the issue, thanks.
Previous Topic: Program is slower with Oracle12C compared to Oracle 11G
Next Topic: SQL ID changes Plan hash value
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:12:14 CDT 2024