Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How the Trigger Post-Change (6i)
How the Trigger Post-Change [message #657917] Sun, 27 November 2016 01:00 Go to next message
amjad_alahdal
Hello guys,
I have a problem in the trigger Post-Change "Item-Level". I want this trigger to Trigger only and only when a change happens in the Field. The trigger seem to Trigger whenever there is an execute_query.
My Idea is:
Whenever the field is changed check the entered value. Why can't this trigger work as I need ?

[Updated on: Sun, 27 November 2016 01:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How the Trigger Post-Change [message #657918 is a reply to message #657917] Sun, 27 November 2016 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Unless I'm wrong, POST-CHANGE is (was) there for backward compatibility with older Forms version(s) (such as 3.0). Nowadays, you should use
- POST-QUERY (which fetches non-database items values after querying the data block)
- WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM (used to validate values you enter)
Both should, basically, contain more or less the same code which regards populating non-database items.

Answering your question strictly, it is the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM you're looking for.
Re: How the Trigger Post-Change [message #663982 is a reply to message #657918] Fri, 30 June 2017 10:09 Go to previous message
amjad_alahdal
Thank You For you help. I have fixed the problem
Previous Topic: How to build a form depending on a Query
Next Topic: Create new record after validate list_item
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:46:04 CDT 2024