Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » VALID_NODE_CHECKING_REGISTRATION_listener_name (12.1.x, 11.2.0.4)
VALID_NODE_CHECKING_REGISTRATION_listener_name [message #636078] Thu, 16 April 2015 05:09
John Watson
I'm trying to sort out some possible security issues with networking, involving DNS poison attacks and a listener accepting local or remote registrations. According to the docs, http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/network.112/e10835/listener.htm#NETRF1996 ,this listener.ora parameter can have these values:

Quote:

off | 0 to specify valid node checking registration is off, and no checking is performed.

on | 1 | local to specify valid node checking registration is on, and all local IP addresses can register. If a list of invited nodes is set, then all IP addresses, host names, or subnets in the list as well as local IP addresses are allowed.

subnet | 2 to specify valid node checking registration is on, and all machines in the local subnets are allowed to register. If a list of invited nodes is set, then all nodes in the local subnets as well as all IP addresses, host names and subnets in the list are allowed.

I can't see the different between 1 and 2. What am I missing?

Thank you for any insight.

Previous Topic: moving table by using db links
Next Topic: One to Many
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:55:27 CDT 2024