Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » HA Question
HA Question [message #611849] Wed, 09 April 2014 07:46 Go to next message
kakakoko
Hi,

How many network controllers/adapters are needed to form an Oracle RAC with 2 nodes?

Is it enough to use a single network adapter with 2 10Gbp ports per adapter to make the above RAC network?

Or should we use two separate network adapters? Some network adapter manufacturers claim a 10Gb adapter with 2 ports provide 20Gb bandwith.

Another question that comes to my mind is how can I make a highly available network for Oracle RAC in the network layer?
I mean is there a way to create a redundant interconnect and a redundant public network for RAC? How many network adapters are needed in this case?
Re: HA Question [message #611866 is a reply to message #611849] Wed, 09 April 2014 09:22 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>Some network adapter manufacturers claim a 10Gb adapter with 2 ports provide 20Gb bandwith.

Please post URL to support statement above?

>I mean is there a way to create a redundant interconnect and a redundant public network for RAC? How many network adapters are needed in this case?

avoid single points of failure
Previous Topic: Database and Application Servers on different VLAN or same VLAN?
Next Topic: Configuratin Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:42:56 CDT 2024