Home » Other » General » Is There Any Site For Online Database for Oracle (Oracle Webserver)
Is There Any Site For Online Database for Oracle [message #589827] Thu, 11 July 2013 03:36 Go to next message
Sham.Afrith
Hi all,

I did install Oracle 11gR2 Express Edition on My Windows Xp Laptop and learning myself by some books. already before i was experienced with MS/SQL 2000. so PL/SQL is Not difficult to learn.

but now am i trying about Recovery Manager (RMAN) hot / cold backup & recovery. Archive Logs. there are some informations needed about to take backup. so wanna calculate disk space, disk tapes. i can known in local computer where the disk spaces, backup avilable tapes, etc. but i wanna do these things in online , how it would be possible. any one have idea? lemme know thanks in advance.

regards,
sham.
Re: Is There Any Site For Online Database for Oracle [message #589828 is a reply to message #589827] Thu, 11 July 2013 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Not sure what you mean but why don't you want to do it in your own installed database and want to do it "online"?

Regards
Michel
Re: Is There Any Site For Online Database for Oracle [message #589830 is a reply to message #589827] Thu, 11 July 2013 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amansharma81

There is no online database(s) available for practice. If you want to do it, you should be installing it on your local machine and do all the research there. Moreover, you should plan to learn and use 12c release as well which is already out now from last few days.

Aman....
Re: Is There Any Site For Online Database for Oracle [message #592740 is a reply to message #589830] Sun, 11 August 2013 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wisegreate
As far as I know, there's no online database available for practice. amansharma81 is rgiht.
Re: Is There Any Site For Online Database for Oracle [message #593489 is a reply to message #592740] Sat, 17 August 2013 10:33 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Actually, there is one I can think of (kind of too late, though). If you request a free workspace on http://apex.oracle.com, you can use Apex SQL Workshop which is (at least, up to 4.1 version) rather rudimentary and user-hostile (so I never use it; I found SQL*Plus much better), but nevertheless, you *can* practice SQL skills there.
Previous Topic: date format showing mm/dd/yyy
Next Topic: OTN - In which language do I choose?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:35:14 CDT 2024