Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Unable to find the server process in the oracle database for a specific application/client (Oracle 11.2.0.3 / OEL 5)
Unable to find the server process in the oracle database for a specific application/client [message #577252] Wed, 13 February 2013 13:59 Go to next message
jesuisantony
Hi All,

I am trying to find the unix process for one of my application in the database but I am unable to view the same. To simulate, I did the following.

1. My database runs on different server.
2. I invoked "sqlplus" from another unix box to login to the database.
3. I found that the process id
(ps -ef |grep sqlplus)
4. When I execute the below mentioned query it does not display the process id that I am looking for. But the osuser, username, program and machine details are correct. How can I know the process details from the database?
SELECT SYS.GV_$SESSION.OSUSER, SYS.GV_$SESSION.USERNAME, SYS.GV_$PROCESS.SPID,
	   SYS.GV_$SESSION.MACHINE, SYS.GV_$SESSION.PROGRAM, 
           SYS.GV_$PROCESS.PROGRAM ,SYS.GV_$SESSION.SQL_ID 
       FROM  
           SYS.GV_$PROCESS, SYS.GV_$SESSION  
       WHERE  
           SYS.GV_$PROCESS.ADDR=SYS.GV_$SESSION.PADDR and SYS.GV_$SESSION.USERNAME='TEST'
           and SYS.GV_$SESSION.MACHINE like '%hostname%'

Regards,
Antony
Re: Unable to find the server process in the oracle database for a specific application/client [message #577253 is a reply to message #577252] Wed, 13 February 2013 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
SELECT SYS.GV_$SESSION.OSUSER, SYS.GV_$SESSION.USERNAME, SYS.GV_$PROCESS.SPID, SYS.GV_SESSION.PROCESS
Re: Unable to find the server process in the oracle database for a specific application/client [message #577254 is a reply to message #577253] Wed, 13 February 2013 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jesuisantony
Thanks, that was useful for me to find the details of sqlplus sessions. We have EBS R12 and other components running on a different server and on a single node. We have a 3-node clustered database for these applications. We have been informed that one of the nodes will be undergoing an outage. I am trying to check if there are any application process that pointing specific to node. Most the applications are making jdbc connections. How can I make sure if all the applications could failover incase of one of the nodes going down.

I am unable to see the process details for those application services and the process value is null when I executed the query.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 February 2013 14:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unable to find the server process in the oracle database for a specific application/client [message #577255 is a reply to message #577254] Wed, 13 February 2013 14:51 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you:

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/

>I am unable to see the process details for those application services and the process value is null when I executed the query.
It is a challenge to say what you are doing wrong when we can't see what you are actually doing.
Previous Topic: hide url
Next Topic: PROFILE CREATION DATE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:54:02 CDT 2024