Home » Other » General » Please let me know how can I organise the application development area
Please let me know how can I organise the application development area [message #576320] Sun, 03 February 2013 05:06 Go to next message
ariffcal
Please let me know how can I organise the application development area . I will be working on the oracle datbase 10 G , forms and reports . The forms will have multiple users accessing the database from multiple locations .

Should the application development area be on the server ,

Can I make the development area on the server itself .

I hope my question is clear .

Re: Please let me know how can I organise the application development area [message #576322 is a reply to message #576320] Sun, 03 February 2013 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
It should be on the application server not on the database server.

Regards
Michel
Re: Please let me know how can I organise the application development area [message #576339 is a reply to message #576322] Sun, 03 February 2013 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:

Can I make the development area on the server itself.
Should the application development area be on the server

From my point of view:
1) Yes, you can, but ...
2) ... no, you shouldn't. Do the development on your own PC; use application server for production.
Re: Please let me know how can I organise the application development area [message #576340 is a reply to message #576339] Sun, 03 February 2013 09:43 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>Can I make the development area on the server itself .

yes, you can.
you can also poke yourself in the eye with a sharp pencil; but neither is wise action to do.
Previous Topic: Brand new to Oracle and I need some help making in ERD for my homework
Next Topic: Need Explaination for fifth normal form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 03:27:42 CDT 2024