Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Recovery on DR (10g r2)
Recovery on DR [message #574565] Sun, 13 January 2013 00:24 Go to next message
abbasgol
Hello World , i will till you what i have and i need help for my question because i already did alot of serach but no one mention my wondering and answer for it .

On production server i have the production database and i have another instance for recovery catalog database.and on DR server i have only one instance for production database .

In the scenario of recovery,
- i did export for recovery catalog user
- i have latest rman backup for production database

On the DR server as i mention up , i have only on instance , my question is , i need to create another instance for recovery catalog user to import it ? or on the same target database on DR i can import the recovery catalog ?

thank you
Re: Recovery on DR [message #574568 is a reply to message #574565] Sun, 13 January 2013 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You don't need the recovery catalog schema to be able to restore and recover the database.
All information about your backups are in the control files.
So on your DR site, forget it, it will simplify your DR management.

Note that to be useful, RMAN catalog schema MUST be in another database than those that is backed up with using this catalog.
Otherwise, it is (almost) useless.

Regards
Michel
Re: Recovery on DR [message #574570 is a reply to message #574568] Sun, 13 January 2013 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abbasgol
thank you Michel , but let us say i want to use recovery catalog to restore the production database into DR server , may i know the scenario ?
Re: Recovery on DR [message #574571 is a reply to message #574570] Sun, 13 January 2013 01:36 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
There is a section or chapter on the documentation named "restore a database on another server" (or the like), just read it.
With or without a recovery catalog, it does not change anything (but the connection to the catalog).

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: how to change archivelog destination in oracle 10g
Next Topic: How to find table is got restored on not
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:21:06 CDT 2024