Home » Other » Training & Certification » SQL Help needed (SQL)
SQL Help needed [message #572480] Wed, 12 December 2012 06:18 Go to next message
christiparks
Hello all,I am new to this forum and I would like to ask that what are the benefits of sql training, what all topics should be covered and it is kinda bothering me ... and has anyone studies from this course wiziq.com/course/125-comprehensive-introduction-to-sql of SQL tutorial online?? or tell me any other guidance...
would really appreciate help... and Also i would like to thank for all the information you are providing on sql.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 December 2012 06:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SQL Help needed [message #572520 is a reply to message #572480] Wed, 12 December 2012 18:22 Go to previous message
Flyby
Benefits: inserting,retrieving and manipulating data from a large selection of databases. Basics are mostly the same for the various SQL-dialects
Quite essential when you deal with those as developer/manager even hidden behind ORM-tools like Hibernate/Linq. There is a mindset difference using sets (moving boxes, SQL optimized) instead of enumerate and walkthrough (move the contents of the box one by one)
Basics: SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE ... GROUP BY ... ORDER BY ... ;
Basics: joins (inner,outer,left,right)
Manipulation: INSERT/DELETE/UPDATE/MERGE
Subquery refactoring: WITH
Transactions and the ACID principle
W3school seems to have an extensive area
SQLzoo is kind of interactive
Mind the strange behavior of NULL, and try to avoid select *

Try setting up a database
and querying it with SQL Developer
Previous Topic: Interview questions
Next Topic: Need Materials for 1Z0-055 Oracle Database 11g: New Features for Oracle 9i DBAs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:51:22 CDT 2024