Home » Other » Community Hangout » hello from a newbie
hello from a newbie [message #569243] Tue, 23 October 2012 10:33 Go to next message
Luke.M
Hey guys.

I've been lurking for a few days. I've read the rules and posting guidelines etc... decided to register and help if I can, although I'm no expert so I expect I'll be asking for help more than offering Razz
Re: hello from a newbie [message #569246 is a reply to message #569243] Tue, 23 October 2012 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
Hi Luke,

Welcome to the OraFAQ forums. I am glad to hear that you read the guidelines, as I suspect so many do not. I am curious what your background is. Do you have experience in SQL on something other than Oracle? If so, you will find there are a lot of differences.

Barbara
Re: hello from a newbie [message #569250 is a reply to message #569246] Tue, 23 October 2012 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
/forum/fa/7390/0/
Re: hello from a newbie [message #569254 is a reply to message #569250] Tue, 23 October 2012 13:05 Go to previous message
Luke.M
hello and thanks for the kind welcome Smile

My background is actually in 3D art and animation, with some XML and HTML. However my father, who is a senior Orcale developer at a large multi-national company is working on making me a junior level Orcale developer below him, so I'm in the process of teaching myself SQL and PLSQL and Apex under his guidance, to get a better grasp of things before the company sends me off on a training program.

This site is one of several Oracle sites that I've added to my favourites list. Just reading through the threads I'm picking up tips and tricks, even solved one of the problems in my Dad's to-do list today from a thread on here.

However as far as current skillsets go... if you guys have a problem in 3D Studio Max... I'm your go-to guy Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 23 October 2012 13:07]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Just want to share a joke I read
Next Topic: Hi ALL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:53:26 CDT 2024