Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Session closed automatically (Oracle 11.2.0.2.0)
Session closed automatically [message #555241] Tue, 22 May 2012 11:13 Go to next message
sathik
Hi,

One user complained that, his session is closing automatically when his session exceeds exactly 01 hour 1 minute.

default profile is assigned for this user. I checked the idle_time value of this default profile. it is UNLIMITED only.
What else I need to check to find out is there any timeout parameter has been set or not? pls help me.
Re: Session closed automatically [message #555242 is a reply to message #555241] Tue, 22 May 2012 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you:

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/

Firewall?
Re: Session closed automatically [message #555244 is a reply to message #555241] Tue, 22 May 2012 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
default profile is assigned for this user. I checked the idle_time value of this default profile. it is UNLIMITED only.

I can't count how many people say I checked and I am right in my conclusions and when we ask them to post what they actually did it appears they did it wrong.
So so NOT explain what you did and got, SHOW US.

Regards
Michel
Re: Session closed automatically [message #555263 is a reply to message #555241] Tue, 22 May 2012 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
The Resource Manager can be configured to disconnect idle sessions after a certain period.
Re: Session closed automatically [message #555302 is a reply to message #555244] Wed, 23 May 2012 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sathik
I have given the required detail below.

SQL> select username,ACCOUNT_STATUS,profile from dba_users where username='WILKINM3';

USERNAME                       ACCOUNT_STATUS                   PROFILE
------------------------------ -------------------------------- ------------------------------
WILKINM3                       OPEN                             DEFAULT

SQL> select * from dba_profiles order by PROFILE;

PROFILE                        RESOURCE_NAME                    RESOURCE LIMIT
------------------------------ -------------------------------- -------- ------------------------------
DEFAULT                        COMPOSITE_LIMIT                  KERNEL   UNLIMITED
DEFAULT                        PASSWORD_LOCK_TIME               PASSWORD 1
DEFAULT                        PASSWORD_VERIFY_FUNCTION         PASSWORD NULL
DEFAULT                        PASSWORD_REUSE_MAX               PASSWORD UNLIMITED
DEFAULT                        PASSWORD_REUSE_TIME              PASSWORD UNLIMITED
DEFAULT                        PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME               PASSWORD UNLIMITED
DEFAULT                        FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS            PASSWORD 10
DEFAULT                        PRIVATE_SGA                      KERNEL   UNLIMITED
DEFAULT                        CONNECT_TIME                     KERNEL   UNLIMITED
DEFAULT                        IDLE_TIME                        KERNEL   UNLIMITED
DEFAULT                        LOGICAL_READS_PER_CALL           KERNEL   UNLIMITED
DEFAULT                        LOGICAL_READS_PER_SESSION        KERNEL   UNLIMITED
DEFAULT                        CPU_PER_CALL                     KERNEL   UNLIMITED
DEFAULT                        CPU_PER_SESSION                  KERNEL   UNLIMITED
DEFAULT                        SESSIONS_PER_USER                KERNEL   UNLIMITED
DEFAULT                        PASSWORD_GRACE_TIME              PASSWORD 7
LIMITLESS                      PASSWORD_GRACE_TIME              PASSWORD 7
LIMITLESS                      COMPOSITE_LIMIT                  KERNEL   UNLIMITED
LIMITLESS                      PASSWORD_REUSE_TIME              PASSWORD UNLIMITED
LIMITLESS                      IDLE_TIME                        KERNEL   UNLIMITED
LIMITLESS                      PASSWORD_VERIFY_FUNCTION         PASSWORD NULL
LIMITLESS                      LOGICAL_READS_PER_CALL           KERNEL   UNLIMITED
LIMITLESS                      PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME               PASSWORD UNLIMITED
LIMITLESS                      LOGICAL_READS_PER_SESSION        KERNEL   UNLIMITED
LIMITLESS                      PASSWORD_LOCK_TIME               PASSWORD 1
LIMITLESS                      CPU_PER_CALL                     KERNEL   UNLIMITED
LIMITLESS                      FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS            PASSWORD 10
LIMITLESS                      CPU_PER_SESSION                  KERNEL   UNLIMITED
LIMITLESS                      PASSWORD_REUSE_MAX               PASSWORD UNLIMITED
LIMITLESS                      SESSIONS_PER_USER                KERNEL   UNLIMITED
LIMITLESS                      PRIVATE_SGA                      KERNEL   UNLIMITED
LIMITLESS                      CONNECT_TIME                     KERNEL   4320
Re: Session closed automatically [message #555308 is a reply to message #555263] Wed, 23 May 2012 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sathik
Pls let me know where I need to check the resource limits assigned for this user?
Re: Session closed automatically [message #555315 is a reply to message #555308] Wed, 23 May 2012 03:27 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
DBA_RSRC% and V$RSRC% views give you the details about resource manager.
And DBA_USERS.INITIAL_RSRC_CONSUMER_GROUP gives you the initial resource group for each user.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Wed, 23 May 2012 03:28]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: upgradation 10g to 11i
Next Topic: Verify CBO
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:04:12 CDT 2024