Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » How to change the link for updated RTF report(BI Publisher). (R12)
How to change the link for updated RTF report(BI Publisher). [message #554664] Wed, 16 May 2012 05:36 Go to next message
c.padesur
I have one personlized Transaction report and The new updated RTF(using BI publisher) for same report is uploaded to server. When i say publish the report is generating the PDF format but its picking the old RTF format but not the new updated RTF format.

Kindly please some one let me know where can i change the link so that i can publish the report in new updated RTF format.

Thanks in advance.
Chandru.
Re: How to change the link for updated RTF report(BI Publisher). [message #554979 is a reply to message #554664] Sun, 20 May 2012 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Please confirm whether the following are true:
1. The same concurrent program or data definition you have linked two data template rtfs.
2. While submitting the concurrent program, clicking on Options button showing both the templates (Refer the link for Options button)

Then, try the link
Go to System Administration (NOT System Administrator)
Concurrent -> Programs
Search for concurrent program
Onsite Settings
Set the template, which you want to pick by default

By
Vamsi
Re: How to change the link for updated RTF report(BI Publisher). [message #555318 is a reply to message #554979] Wed, 23 May 2012 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
c.padesur
Hi Vamsi,

Thank you very much for your reply,
But i have not created concurrent program, it is a oracle seeded report I just modified the remplate(rtf) using BI publisher.

As shown in screen shot i cannot update the template beacuse it is a seeded report so the update button is disabled.
So i hv created new template and uploaded to server.
so i hv to change the link from old template to new template.
Kindly help..
  • Attachment: 2.JPG
    (Size: 61.32KB, Downloaded 1552 times)
Re: How to change the link for updated RTF report(BI Publisher). [message #555323 is a reply to message #555318] Wed, 23 May 2012 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Nowhere I've mentioned that to update Data Template.
Please provide line by line answers to my update.
Also provide the screenshot of the new template, which you have created.

By
Vamsi
Re: How to change the link for updated RTF report(BI Publisher). [message #555324 is a reply to message #555323] Wed, 23 May 2012 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
c.padesur
Hi,
The report is not associated with any concurrent program.
I didnt get your sentence "Please provide line by line answers to my update.
".
Here I am attaching the new template screen shot.
Re: How to change the link for updated RTF report(BI Publisher). [message #555325 is a reply to message #555324] Wed, 23 May 2012 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
c.padesur
Hi,
  • Attachment: 1.JPG
    (Size: 94.88KB, Downloaded 1460 times)
Re: How to change the link for updated RTF report(BI Publisher). [message #555327 is a reply to message #555325] Wed, 23 May 2012 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Both of the templates highlighted in the second picture are linked to the same Data Definition.
Is the Data Definition linked to any concurrent program?
If not, how are you running the report?

I assumed it is attached to concurrent program, as this post was moved from Oracle Apps forum.

By
Vamsi
Re: How to change the link for updated RTF report(BI Publisher). [message #555329 is a reply to message #555327] Wed, 23 May 2012 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
c.padesur
Both templates are linked to the same data defination.
Data defination is not linked to any concurrent program.
I simply got to report screen fill mandatory fields and click GO button thats it.
when i say publish it is picking old template not new updated template as shown in screen shot 2.
attaching screen shot how to run..
  • Attachment: 3.JPG
    (Size: 78.36KB, Downloaded 1452 times)
Re: How to change the link for updated RTF report(BI Publisher). [message #555332 is a reply to message #555329] Wed, 23 May 2012 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Quote:
Data defination is not linked to any concurrent program.
I doubt.
Please check Data Definition screen.

By
Vamsi
Re: How to change the link for updated RTF report(BI Publisher). [message #555337 is a reply to message #555332] Wed, 23 May 2012 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
I'm checking in local instance.
Even I didn't find any concurrent program attached to that data definition.
How are you running the report?
Is there any specific responsibility needed?

By
Vamsi
Re: How to change the link for updated RTF report(BI Publisher). [message #555351 is a reply to message #555337] Wed, 23 May 2012 06:11 Go to previous message
c.padesur
Hi,
Yes particular responsibility is needed to run it.
I am running it using compensation analyst resp.
Previous Topic: Sales Value Vs Target Value Sales Engineer Graph
Next Topic: Siebel-OBIEE integration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:28:05 CDT 2024