Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » minimum roles to connect to an instance
minimum roles to connect to an instance [message #50607] Mon, 25 March 2002 04:21 Go to next message
sai
Hi all,
What are the minimum roles required for an user to connect to a database? Some users are able to connect
through SQlplus but not through DBA studio.

DBA studio says users doesnot have enough privileges

As always Thank you very much
Sai
Re: minimum roles to connect to an instance [message #50608 is a reply to message #50607] Mon, 25 March 2002 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sanjay Bajracharya
If you want the user to be able to use DBA Studio, grant the role 'select_catalog_role'. Works.
Re: minimum roles to connect to an instance [message #50610 is a reply to message #50607] Mon, 25 March 2002 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sanjay Bajracharya
Roles 'connect' and 'resource' is fine, but I would think twice before granting 'dba' role to a user. It is a pretty powerful role.

Role 'connect' is the minimum required to be able to connect to the database and most users are OK with just this one. Role 'resource' is also fine but this also grants 'unlimited tablespace'. Most of my users have 'connect' and 'resource' granted, and then later on I take out the 'unlimited tablespace' piece.
Re: minimum roles to connect to an instance [message #50613 is a reply to message #50607] Mon, 25 March 2002 05:57 Go to previous message
sai
Thanks epe,sanjay.

I just have connect privileges to users.Now I enabled
select_catalog_role it works perfect.

Thanks
Sai
Previous Topic: distributed_lock_timeout parameter
Next Topic: urgent hep how to create sys.aud table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 12:43:37 CDT 2024