Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Plan does not change after importing stats
Plan does not change after importing stats [message #50586] Fri, 22 March 2002 11:57 Go to next message
rajesh
DB : 8172
Hp_UX : 11.0

I have imported the stats from my production database to QA database and doing explain plan for the exact same query in prod and qa and getting different plan from Prod and QA, whereas technically if the stats are same it should produce the same explain plan.

Could anyone help, what's wrong.

Thanks in Advance
Rajesh
Re: Plan does not change after importing stats [message #50587 is a reply to message #50586] Fri, 22 March 2002 12:12 Go to previous message
saleem
you imported the stats???
not sure what you mean by that.

run dbms_utility (or whatever the new versio of it is called - i think dbms_stats) and analyze (estimate) the entire schema (safest, if you have the time, otherwise just the tables involved in the query). and then you are best off to rebuild your indexes for all the tables associated with the tables as well (alter index [[index_name]] rebuild;. then if you are getting different explain plans you need to compare the two db's and see what's missing/different.
Previous Topic: how to check database name?
Next Topic: Re: Most Urgent - Import Database from Sybase to Ms-Sql Server 7.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 13:43:42 CDT 2024