Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Tunning oracle 9
Tunning oracle 9 [message #50537] Wed, 20 March 2002 09:20 Go to next message
Matt Love
Hi,

we've just started development using an Oracle9 database server, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any urls/book/etc on how to optimally set the amazing amount of configuration parameters when creating a database.

I'd like to be able to understand what each parameter does, and what impact it will have on performance, as well as being able to diagnose what parameter is causing performance issues.

any pointers would be much appreciated.

tia
matt
Re: Tunning oracle 9 [message #50541 is a reply to message #50537] Wed, 20 March 2002 17:03 Go to previous message
seng
You can get this information from you manual. But practically, you need to tuning your production to suit your business logic for a such long time before you get suitable database for your business. We can't find any standard tuning method for any database. difference business needs difference requirement.

My suggestion is .
1. Tuning your initial database in good peformance based on your hardware and software resource for new production database.
2. From time to time, you need to analyze and maintence in tuning to give good performance condition to users. you need to tuning your database until your business requirement is saturated then no much of tuning problem will happen until a new system is developed.

Hope this is helping.
Previous Topic: development/productions environment
Next Topic: Recovering a table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 13:37:28 CDT 2024