Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » the users I created can't access my table
the users I created can't access my table [message #50532] Wed, 20 March 2002 05:17 Go to next message
Irina Dumitru
Hello All,
I am the user Irina on a tablespace DIN, I have created some tables and now I must create several roles, each of them with privileges on certain tables. I have done this:
-create users
-create roles
-grant create session to roles
-grant privileges on tables to roles
-grant roles to appropriate users
(advice that I found in several messages posted here). I didn't get any errors.
The problem is, when one of the users I created tries to do a select on a table he's entitled to, he can't see that table. In fact, none of the users I created can see my tables. Could you please tell me why is that? Should all this be done by the DBA, instead of user Irina? Or is there something else I should do?
I also tried to write:
grant select on irina.table_name to user, but it doesn't work.
Could you please help me?
Thank you so very much
Iri
Re: the users I created can't access my table [message #50535 is a reply to message #50532] Wed, 20 March 2002 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sanjay Bajracharya
How is the user accessing the table ?

select * from table_name ?
or
select * from irina.table_name ?

Solution: Create synonyms (private or public). In your case may be public as you mentioned that you have granted access to multi users:

create public synonym table_name for irina.table_name;

(should be run by someone with the right priviledge. Best run this as 'system' or as someone with 'dba' role).
Re: the users I created can't access my table [message #50546 is a reply to message #50532] Thu, 21 March 2002 00:26 Go to previous message
Irina Dumitru
Thank you so very much, it worked!
Irina Dumitru
Previous Topic: Recovering a table
Next Topic: Re: TNS Listener
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 13:24:54 CDT 2024